PPE Supplies Needed!
With the current Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shortage, Illinois CancerCare is accepting donations of the below items to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- N95 Masks
- Face Masks
- See instructions below for DIY instructions
- Face Shields
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Non-latex powder-free gloves (all sizes)
- Non-latex powder-free sterile gloves (all sizes)
All equipment will be disinfected before use and washed daily. Any surplus supplies will be distributed to other organizations in need.
A donation drop off location has been set up near the back entrance of our Peoria facility:Please send your address and a list of the supplies delivered to email@example.com. We appreciate our community showing up for our patients and staff at this time of need!
HANDMADE FACE MASK INSTRUCTIONS
There are many face mask tutorials available online – most of which we will happily accept! For your reference, below is instructions provided by Deaconess.
- Cotton fabric
- Rope elastic (beading cord or 1/8″ flat elastic will work)
- Cut the elastic 7” long and tie a knot at each end (DO NOT knot the ends of the flat)
- Put right sides of cotton fabric together – cut 9″x6″
- Starting at the center of the bottom edge, sew to the first corner, stop. Sew the elastic with the edge out into the corner. A few stitches forward and back will hold this.
- Sew to the next corner, stop, and bring the other end of the same elastic to the corner and sew a few stitches forward and back.
- Now sew across that top of the mask to the next corner. Again put an elastic with the edge out.
- Sew to the next corner and sew in the other end of the same elastic.
- Sew across the bottom leaving about 1.5” to 2” open. Stop, cut the thread. Turn inside out.
- Pin 3 tucks on each side of the mask. Make sure the tucks are the same direction
- Sew around the edge of the mask twice.